World Mental Health Day - 10th October 2022
World Mental Health Day may be a new phenomenon for some, but for over 70 years the World Health Organisation has been tirelessly working to bring awareness to mental health and to prevent ill-health from occurring. This year’s theme for World Mental Health Day, held on the 10th October 2022, is a statement in itself, and speaks to the volume with which this condition is affecting:
“Make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority”
According to the World Health Organisation, 1 in 8 people live with mental health issues and since Covid-19, this has risen by 25%. These issues existing in and around our daily lives, families, workplaces and communities and can impact people in varying ways. This is why collectively, we need to reduce the factors known to pose a risk to people’s mental health, enhance those known to protect it and creating the conditions needed for people to thrive.
How to look after your mental health?
Wellness is a term best used to describe the act of self-care and practicing healthy habits. Initiatives developed under the umbrella of ‘wellness’ have shown great support for improving mental health and for taking a person from surviving to thriving.
Here are some tips for looking after your Mental Health:
1. Step outside and connect with nature- Earthing and grounding has been scientifically proven to help reduce stress, anxiety and depression
2. Physical activity for just 30 minutes a day can help boost your mood and your overall outlook on the day
3. Socially interacting and keeping connected with your friends and family
4. Making sleep and healthy eating a priority
5. Setting small realistic goals and objectives for your future
6. Practicing mindfulness and gratitude regularly
7. Regular Self Care – listening to what your needs are how you are feeling
Alternative & Complimentary therapies have made such an impact within the Mental Health space and have become an incredible option for those in need. Techniques such as meditation, breathwork & energy healing can redefine the mind’s relationship with the body allowing for the release of stress hormones, deeper sleep and the balancing of blood pressure. These effects have shown to reduce the feelings of trauma and anxiety which are two common causes of mental health issues.
If you do not make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness"- Anonymous
Chintal Kakaya- Holistic & Intuitive Energy Healer and Wellness Coach
Over 8 million people in the UK alone experience an anxiety disorder at any one time, and less than 50% of people with generalised anxiety disorder have access to treatment.
Alternative and Complimentary therapies such as those offered via holistic healing with Chintal Kakaya are proving a fantastic natural remedy and improvement for those dealing with mental health pressures.
More extensive practices such as energy healing, which supports the reconnection of the body, mind and spirit, have also demonstrated mental health benefits such as:
· Clearing of emotional brain fog
· Decluttering of the mind allowing for a renewed sense of focus
· Replacement of negative energy for positive energy
· Feeling of deep relaxation
· Improved sleep
· Deeper sense of self-acceptance and awareness
· Connection with your purpose and inner self
Chintal herself has experienced anxiety, depression and stress in her life which is what led her to explore alternative and complimentary therapies. She overcame her depression and now helps others to do the same using a holistic approach.
Do you want to feel more healthy, energised and relaxed?
Want to lead a happy and purpose aligned life?
Do you want to know how to reconnect and bring inner harmony and balance to your mind, body and soul ?
Get in touch and enquire now to start your journey!
I would love to hear your thoughts and if you are on Instagram please do follow me: